Got my SW tickets on the phone yesterday

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive8ga.dialup.mindspring.com on May 13, 1999 at 09:52:21:

In Reply to: Since people were lining up days in advance for Star Wars tickets... posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert on May 13, 1999 at 07:02:50:

: Would you guys do the same when Indy 4 comes out. Are you guys gonna camp out? If it's during the summer, I will definitely camp out. How about the rest of you?

I got tickets for Saturday Night. I didn't want to see the movie Thursday and Saturday was more convenient than Friday since it's a 1 hour drive to a THX movie theater...I guess I'm not a true Star Wars fan since I'm not seeing it Thursday! Honestly, this camping out for tickets has given Star Wars fans a reputation almost as bad as Trekkies. Indiana Jones is different though...I MIGHT camp out for that, but it would probably be worth it only if it were the Premiere in Hollywood and you had a chance of seeing Lucas or someone. I can see the whole forum there, in their Westeds and Fedoras...

I can't see much of a difference in seeing Star Wars on one day vs. another during the opening weekend, as long as there aren't too many people there who have seen it already to blab out lines before the actors speak them...I'm just going to cover my ears and eyes until I see the movie. I'm not watching/reading any reviews or anything!

Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]