Hey yourself....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on May 20, 1999 at 07:17:27:

In Reply to: Hey... posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert on May 19, 1999 at 14:48:19:

: : : Maybe Marcus has had some nice little adventures that we never knew about? Probably more espionage than action, but still, it could work.

: : : ~The Raider

: : Maybe the Marcus we were introduced in Raiders, as he hinted that if he were younger, he'd go after the Ark himself, indicating that maybe once upon a time he was a field man himself and may have been up to the challenge. Definately NOT the Marcus we saw in Last Crusade, who had been reduced to a absent minded piece of comic relief. Regards. Michaelson

: Hey, he was hilarious as the absent-minded comic relief we saw in Crusade. I've seen the movie hundreds of times, and I still laugh my head off at Marcus and his antics. I don't think they'll be as annoying as Jar Jar Binks in The Phantom Menace, though.

Then if you're talking about a spin off book of comedy, he'd work very well in that book for you. The question as I understood it was what character from the IJ movies would work in a spin off series of "adventures"? Marcus ,from the third movie, would not work, in my opinion. Sallah was the comic relief from Raiders, as well as Last Crusade. Why they did that to Marcus' character is beyond me. No argument that he was indeed amusing in the part. It's just that we had his character already set from the first movie, and we had shades of it in the third, up to the point in the movie that Donovan was talking to Indy and Marcus before boarding the plane. It was downhill from there. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]