Distressing the Jacket

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Abner from user-2ive87k.dialup.mindspring.com on May 21, 1999 at 13:35:52:

If you can't already tell, the jacket is my own personal obsession. I think it is the best Indy item you can get, followed by the hat (which I don't have). Anyway, a new Raiders jacket also recently arrived here. This one has the new leather with satin as opposed to my other one which is pre-distressed and cotton. Like most of you, I was also surprised by the light weight. The pre-distressed version seems to be made of an entirely different leather which is thicker and heavier. I hope to take some pictures of the two jackets and post them so I can give some definitive answers to questions regarding the differences between the jackets and linings for everyone looking to get their own Wested.

On a similar note...does anyone have any information regarding how the jackets were distressed for the movies? I thought about trying a fine grade sandpaper on the seams. Dragging it behind a truck would obviously wreck it, as they used up 5 jackets to film that scene. This may be a question to ask Peter Botwright, but I would love to make this new jacket look more like the jackets in the films. It's just too "new" for my taste right now.

And it smells way worse than the first one!!

Cheers,
Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: