Re: Real Michaelson?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on May 23, 1999 at 11:30:49:

In Reply to: Real Michaelson? posted by walker on May 22, 1999 at 19:52:16:

: The opening line usage of $#@& (FUC-you get the picture) seems a little out of character for the usually level headed Michaelson. Was that really you?

: I think Tessa's anger was in reaction to Kali-Ma's total invalidation of her hard work. It wasn't an opinion - "I don't like your work for this reason" - but rather a blanket statement about the worth of her efforts in general. It also doesn't make a whole lot of sense, particularly given the fact that delving into Indy's family life, the development of his philosophies and his growth as a person is pretty much what a good chunk of the Chronicles were all about, whether any of us liked those particular episodes or not. And yes, George chose to use Indy to explore these things. Tessa has explored Indy's relations with his child. Lucas has explored Indy's relations with his father, his mother, his governess, his children (don't forget the book ends) and so on. So yes, Kali-Ma, apparently somebody's interested in the subject, even if it's not you.
:
: Just my thoughts on it. Do with them what you will.
: walker

Yes, Walker, it was indeed me. I was responding with the symbols, as I don't believe that four letter words need to appear in the headings, or text for that matter, as everyone here seems to be very well written and can write without them, and as you say if you are familiar with my postings, you KNOW that I do indeed give my writings some thought. If you also read, I have no interest in getting into a debate regarding the good and bad points of anyone's writings. Anyone who has the courage to place anything up for public consumption has only my admiration. But I will also say that those individuals better also grow thicker skin, as you will NEVER satisfy everyone in terms of what you write. As an example, note the continuous discussion regarding the published Indy novel writers; they're either picked apart, loved equally, or totally rejected. In the statements the original poster made, I read that he or she didn't like the way some of the writers have dissected the Indy character to the point of no return. I've argued the same type thing in the past, but have offered, as the writer did in his posting, that this was one of my taste and only my opinion, and was stating it as such. Since Tessa's posted stories do indeed follow this very vein, he stated that he didn't agree with her writing based upon those reasons. Maybe you're reading much to much into what was written, I saw NO where in any of the above writings, including the original, where anyone trashed anyone's writings or opinions. I applaud your defense of your fellow writer, but lets get back on the rails here. We've SEEN people "trash" others here, and we've collectively jumped all over them because of this. This posting does not meet that criteria, but was only one of an individual's opinion. A forum writer was listed specifically, but only because that's what her speciality is, and for those who do indeed like that style of writing, her stories are absolutely perfect and EXTREMELY well written, as well as professional to boot. Once again speaking for myself, I recommend them to everyone who has missed out on them. They're excellent. BUT I will stand by anyone who is put upon simply because they stated a well thought out opinion, though possibly unpopular, unless Micah deems a change to the forum's policy as being one where subjects can be discussed openly. Once again, just my #$%& opinion. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]