Re: Disagreed!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by nitzsche from 1Cust56.tnt1.provo.ut.da.uu.net on May 31, 1999 at 12:19:58:

In Reply to: Disagreed! posted by Brett (Yasim) Lambert on May 31, 1999 at 11:12:34:

: : I love the parts where Jar Jar uses his own words. He was so cute and funny! You know what I think? The people that don't like Jar Jar also wanted Episode one to be serious. Like they didn't think it was funny that there was a funny character in it. I love Jar Jar. He's kinda like a Chewie for episode one.

: : LFM

: I don't think people hated Jar Jar cause they wanted Episode 1 to be serious. I like comic relief characters, but this guy Jar Jar is more annoying than funny. If you want to see good examples of comic relief characters in Star Wars, there is C-3P0 and R2D2, the pit droids and Jabba (when he began the race and him sleeping at the end). Jar Jar is just a retard.

It truly amazes me that such a person can locate this Indiana Jones forum a few months back, blather at the mouth about "Star Wars this and that," then have the nerve to criticize ANY element of the Phantom Menace. It truly boggles the mind. Let me remind you that you've chosen a nickname for this INDY forum from one of Return of the Jedi's Special Edition bathtub toy character's which added NOTHING to the story but a little comic relief, but is ultimately a perfect example of the definition of retarded. Jar Jar had a lot more reason for being in this movie than people are giving Lucas credit for. I guess everyone has their opinion about what's funny. But as the old adage goes: "If you don't find the joke funny, it's probably about you." I think you're the retard. But, we're only voicing opinions here, right?

I guess the formula when wasting time talking about Star Wars on this forum is to end my post with something like:

Indy Rocks! --nitzsche

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]