Hummmm.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on June 04, 1999 at 11:21:12:

In Reply to: Re: Wested rumors are FALSE!!!they are???????? posted by Seamus on June 04, 1999 at 10:52:51:

: Well thats what I heard, The brief part of the article was in a wholesale leather catalog. The article itself was about leather jackets seen on T.V. They were mainly talking about some English show called 'Heartbeat'. I read it two weeks ago when I was over in London.
: Don't shoot the messenger!

: Seamus

Well, Seamus, though your information was meant to be helpful, you see what can happen when something that isn't checked out is posted as being fact, or implied as being fact. You'll recall when Cooper jackets claimed on the US Wings web page to be the one and only real honest to gosh creator and maker of the Raiders jackets, and all jackets for all three movies. There were many off line emails (I was involved in quite a few myself) between Mr. Hack of US Wings asking him to site his source of information and check out Wested Leather's web page for referencing. This he did, and Cooper backed down from the claim, stating they were licensed to make only 200 coats by LucasFilm here in the US, and actually DIDN'T make the original coats at all. They were "mis-quoted". To Mr. Hack's credit he changed the write up of the coat on his web page. Bottom line is that you might want to check out these kind of stories with hard copy first and quotable sources, as well as contacting the affected party directly by phone or email before you post any message regarding something like this, as you may have briefly impacted Wested leather jacket business, as well as given 99% of the fans here a near death experience. No, we don't shoot messengers here. We just need to be more careful in double checking this kind of information before putting something out there for the world to see and react to. I do find it interesting that you read that in a catalog, though. I wonder what ax they had to grind with Wested Leather? Sounds like sour grapes on their part, doesn't it? Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]