Re: Brett's question about Indy movie on a desert island...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Short Round from proxy-321.public.rwc.webtv.net on June 09, 1999 at 10:49:41:

In Reply to: Brett's question about Indy movie on a desert island... posted by ROB T. on June 09, 1999 at 01:42:27:

: Brett's question got buried down in the forum so I thought I'd bring it back up to the top. He asked if you were stranded on a desert island and could bring only one Indy film with you, which would it be?

: Let's put aside the question of whether or not you could watch a video on a desert island. This is fantasy so let's assume that you can.
: Let's just say I was out on a three hour tour and the weather started getting rough. I've been thrown overboard and washed ashore on a deserted island in the South Pacific. Next to me on the beach are a few crates that survived the storm. One crate has some clothing and tools and provisions I would have to have just to survive; a water purification system would be nice.
: Another crate has a TV and a VCR. Still another crate has a generator so I can watch the TV. and then there's a little package wrapped in brown paper. From its shape I can tell it's a videotape. In the breathless moments of anticipation as I rip off the wrapper, which Indy film am I hoping to find inside?
: If I have to limit my choice to one of the Indy films I'd have to go with "Raiders." But if I can only have one film to watch for the rest of my lonely life on a desert isle I probably wouldn't choose any of the Indy flicks. They're adventure films and no matter how much I love them they would tend to get old if I had to watch them everyday; you can only see Indy get dragged under the truck so many times before it would start to lose its luster.
: I think I might choose "Gone With the Wind." At four hours running time it would kill more time than "Raiders." But it has little problems that bug me so maybe I wouldn't want to watch it over and over either.
: How about "Casablanca?" It's a perfect film that loses nothing with multiple viewing. But it's a romance. Do I really want to see a romance when I'm stranded alone on an island? Who needs to be reminded of what they can never have again?
: Maybe I should go with something that's total fantasy so I won't be reminded of what I'm missing in the real world. How about "The Wizard of OZ?"
: But then it's got that whole "No place like home" thing going on. Another place I can never go again.
: Oh hell, can I just trade the video for a good book?

I would either bring La Bamba, Tomorrow Never Dies, or The Buddy Holly Story. But I'd definately choose La Bamba. It's a good movie. Even though I am only a little boy I would choose that movie. If I also had a choice for a book I would choose.... I dunno. But like Indy said in TOD "Anything can happen." Maybe I might find a raft and float off and land in India and get greeted by some balled guy who doesnt talk until we get to the village and force me to risk my life for stupid rocks that burn when I say funny words. But maybe I can keep it still and.. aaaahhh who needs to drag this subject hehe.. well see ya

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]