Re: hat question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dan Borton from pm085-22.dialip.mich.net on April 21, 1998 at 22:31:41:

In Reply to: Re: hat question posted by Rick on April 21, 1998 at 09:55:12:

: It seems we all have the same dilemma here. From the pictures on various web sites, the licensed hat might look the closest, but again, I can't really tell 'cause they're only photos.
: So, granted the Stetsons are quality hats, does anyone know the quality of the licensed hat (maybe someone who has bought the teardrop version)? I would think the newer (creased) version shouldn't be that much different, if made by the same company.
: They're all roughly the same price, $80-95, but i'm thinking the licensed hat might be a case of paying more for the "official" name, without the quality of an equivalently priced hat. Maybe i'll end up ordering the licensed hat and an Ark or Temple Stetson (assuming these companies have a decent return policy), compare them, and send one back. Thanks for the responses, they've really helped so far..

: rick

Rick, From what I have heard about the licensed Indiana Jones hat from Dorfman Pacific is that its made from rabbit fur felt, and its a very good hat much like Stetsons, however the quality of the Stetson is better. Originally the licensed hat came with the teardrop crown which like you said has been changed and the brim is turn down. Regarding the Stetson Indy style hats, the last I heard it that they were being made from beaver felt which is better, however that was few years ago so I can be sure if its still the same. Hope this helps.

Dan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]