Re: Title change for "Raiders"? NOOOOOO!!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nick Kismet from 209.210.100.36 on July 20, 1999 at 01:41:46:

In Reply to: Re: Title change for "Raiders"? NOOOOOO!!!!! posted by ROB T. on July 19, 1999 at 23:44:59:

: I wouldn't be so quick to trust George Lucas or even Steven Spielberg for that matter.
***Amen***
: We've seen the travesty that the "Star Wars" movies have become. I know many on this forum don't agree that "Phantom Menace" is a mess but you can't ignore the large number of people who were disappointed in it.
: The title change for "Raiders" shows that Lucas is not above messing around with Indy in the same way he did with the "Star Wars" films.
***can you say hallelujah?***
: As for Spielberg, he's shown a proclivity for filming sequels that are not up to par with the originals. Look at "Jurassic Park, The Lost World." An inferior sequel.
****Amen, my brother****
: In my opinion, and I know I'm gonna get flamed for this, but the sequels for "Raiders" are pale shadows of the original as well. "Raiders" is perfect
***(well...not quite perfect...but the flaws are only visible after a dozen viewings)****
in every way and is one of the greatest films ever made but the two sequels disappointed me greatly. I just saw "Last Crusade" over the weekend. It was the first time I'd seen it since '89 and I was not enthralled by it the way I was with "Raiders."
: I've seen "Raiders" over thirty times and I could watch it another thirty and still find new things to enjoy. I can't imagine sitting through the other two so many times.
***Amen, hallelujah and amen****
: I do hope they make another Indy flick and I'll be there on opening day hoping for another masterpiece but I won't be surprised if it turns out to be another disappointment.
****yup, halleljuah and amen****
****I would also like to add that I am in agreement with Rob's observations****

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: