Re: Title change for "Raiders"? NOOOOOO!!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by J from n098h175.remote.mun.ca on July 20, 1999 at 09:40:02:

In Reply to: Re: Title change for "Raiders"? NOOOOOO!!!!! posted by ROB T. on July 19, 1999 at 23:44:59:

No offence but I completely disagree about most of what you said.

I found "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace" to be excellent (can't wait for "Episode II" and "Episode III") and while you are right that some were disappointed in it, MANY others (again, like myself) LOVED it.

We don't even know who decided to change the title to "Raiders...", so I don't see what that would say about Lucas, and if it is only on the box, (it isn't even known if it is in the actual movie) it really matter?

As for Spielberg and sequels, while I SOMEWHAT agree about "...The Temple Of Doom" being a disappointment (but I DEFINITELY wouldn't call it a pale shadow of "Raiders...". It just wasn't AS good), but he must have learned from it because in my opinion, "Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade" is about equal to the original and I thought "The Lost World: Jurassic Park" was great too (that "dinosaur in the city" ending was SO good).

I strongly believe that when "Indiana Jones" returns, Spielberg, Lucas and Ford will have another winner.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]