Chapter Six of Tessa and The Stranger in the Plane

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Aragorn from val-pm1-014.inetnebr.com on July 20, 1999 at 22:17:22:

"Last time, on Tessa and the Stranger in the Plane"

...: "Now, why the hell did you pretend to be Goodsport?" Tessa demanded.
: The Man With The Hat stared to reply when Tessa saw the plane sinking fast. She rummaged in her backpack and pulled out a small pack.
: "What's that?" The Man With The Hat asked.
: Tessa ignored him and pulled a string, inflated the pack, which turned out to be a lifeboat. The Man With The Hat stared and said, "You always have that with you?"
: "You should see what's in my purse," she smirked and she jumped in the raft, "Coming?"
: The Man With The Hat joined her in the raft as she rumaged in her purse. She pulled out a gun as The Man With The Hat said, "Don't kill me!"
: "What are you psycho or something?" she pointed the gun in the air and then they heard the faraway sound of ship horns coming towards them.

"And now, the continuation..."

Chapter Six: The New Shadow

The ship drew nearer, ever slow and steady upon the water. Yet slower was the raft of the Man With The Hat and Tessa, and soon it was known by both of them, that they might soon be overcome. Who was on the ship? It could never be known by either of them. Only time might spill the secret, and so it would, as they silently sat and watched. At last it came into view, and they saw.

There it was, looking at them curiously from above. A strange bearded face, a long beard reaching downward from it, white and fair as snow, peared downward; a tall, white hat stood upon his head, and a staff was held in his hand. A shining ring shone on his finger, it's inset stone gleaming in the light of even that terrible fog.

The Man in the Hat and Tessa waved to the strange man of the ship in greeting; though old he appeared to be, in the length of his beard and the wisdom that might have been imagined through his eyes, there was a strength and deep awareness about him that they could neither ever explain. He could help them; that much they knew, and they thankfully waited for the raft to draw closer.

"Who are you?" The Man in the Hat asked the bearded man, when he and Tessa stood at last comfortably upon the deck of the ship. They had climbed the length of the white-clad man's staff, which had brought them swiftly again to their feet.

"I am Mithrandir, also known as Gandalf, the White Wizard, friend of Aragorn, the rightful King of Gondor."

"Aragorn... yes, Aragorn." They spoke to him. "That noble name so gently whispered upon and over the threads of the Forum. We know him well."

"Then you are fortunate;" the White Wizard told them. "There isn't much time. Darkness has overclouded the land, in defiance of all the prophesies of my great Age of long ago, the Third. We must speak quietly, even here upon my fair white ship, for the ears of the enemy might be listening. I am now bound for the land of Valinor. You might accept the task I was going to give you, if you choose."

"Task?" Tessa asked him. "What might it be?"

Gandalf turned to her, his face lined and gravely set. "Aragorn lives again, and it is he that the darkness desires. For reasons I do not know, terrible things will happen if it is allowed to reach him. He must be led from his home, and brought to the safety of the Undying lands of Valinor. Bring him here, to my ship, and all will be righted. The darkness cannot survive without him."

"Bring him here?!" The Man in the Hat exclaimed. "You're a wizard yourself, Sir Gandalf. Can't it be done by you yourself?"

"Nay, sadly, it cannot." Gandalf straightened his tall hat and shook his head. "My day and age is over, as I have said already. This is a matter for the children of earth, now and today. I will await you here, my swan-boat hanging within the sea and mists of time and immortality, and await you, if you choose to rescue Aragorn."

"Wait not long," Tessa told him. "We shall return with your friend."

Onward to Chapter SEVEN!!! :)

Aragorn

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: