Re: A matter of opinion...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mikal C Johnson (KtE Cym SOCAE) from spider-wk012.proxy.aol.com on July 28, 1999 at 06:08:28:

In Reply to: A matter of opinion... posted by ROB T. on July 28, 1999 at 04:27:42:

Hmmm. I never liked Temple that much, but I'd say that Crusade nearly matches Raiders. As you say, this is opinion.
My reason for liking Crusade is that I have a Grail fascination, like Henry Sr. I've even written my own book on it.

: I've said before on this forum that "Raiders" is my favorite of the three Indy films and that I'm kinda lukewarm on the other two; they're good films and if they didn't have to compare with "Raiders," maybe I'd like them better.
: A lot of people on this site have said they like "Temple of Doom" or "Last Crusade" better. My question is why? For me, I don't see anything about these two that compares with the first.
: The script for "Raiders" is letter perfect. The acting is wonderful and the action intense. The laughs flow out of the scene very naturally.
: The villains are better.
: The heroine is better.
: Indy is cooler.
: Marcus is cooler here than in "Last Crusade."
: Sallah is cooler here than in "Last Crusade."
: Everything about "Raiders" is head and shoulders above the other two films combined.
: So what are you guys seeing in "Temple of Doom" and "Last Crusade" that I'm not seeing?

: Please someone tell me?!?!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]