Re: In the greater scheme of things....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Muppet from modem14.skinner.kingston-internet.net on August 05, 1999 at 15:22:47:

In Reply to: In the greater scheme of things does it really matter about the Raiders title change? posted by Indy Jones Fan on August 05, 1999 at 15:14:29:

Just two cents to throw in on the whole re-release thing...

Firstly, I was watching "Raiders" today and on my tape there's the adverts for ToD and LC before the main film. A couple of thoughts went through my tiny brain :) Lucas will have called it just "Raiders of the Lost Ark" when it first released, because he didn't know if Indiana Jones would catch on - therefore releasing a film with his )(then unknown) name in the title wouldn't have done it any favours.

However, Lucas is probably changing the title to make all 3 films show up when people type "Indiana Jones" in at websites, etc. rather than just ToD and LC. But to me, "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark" just seems like TOO long a title. Still - it's a small price to pay for the sound to be cleaned up and bettered and the movies re-released :)

Secondly, I don't know if it's the same in the US, but over here in the UK the videos are being re-released on the 18th October. The best news is that the box set (which had been deleted in the UK back in 1995) is being re-released; this is all 3 videos plus a "Making Of Raiders" tape.

Wait a moment...now that IS a long name - "The Making Of Indiana Jones And The Raiders Of The Lost Ark"!

-Muppet-

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]