This is what happens when you think about Indiana Jones 4 too much!!!! AAAAAGHH!!!! ARRRRRRRGGGGGH!!!!!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by KALI-MA!!!!! from client201-123-9.bellatlantic.net on August 08, 1999 at 21:01:55:

Confirmed facts:

Boam wrote the script, years ago. (Possibly 1996.)

There are no Nazis in it according to Spielberg.

McCallum recently vaguely commented on the story by saying: "Watch the stars, and watch the desert."

Oh boy. This is just one of those nights.

So I'm sitting here thinking and it occurs to me that the sappy, pathetic script walker painfully summarized for us (entitled "Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men from Mars" - supposedly by Jeffrey Boam) kinda fits this discription.

Yeah, I know everyone's laughing at me now.

I'll wait a minute or so and let you all calm down.

Okay, I know there's a million reasons to disregard it. "Why would Lucas allow it to be leaked?" "Why would the big three agree on such a lousy script??"

But let's just look at why it COULD be true.

1. It takes place in the desert and focuses on activities and events emerging from the stars (in accordance with McCallum's cryptic comments.)

2. It centers around actual, historical events. As we've seen with the ill-themed Young Indy tv series, Lucas has chosen to pervert his matinee hero - our rugged, two-fisted adventurer/archaeologist - into a glorified host for educational programming. At the expense of stretching his hero's already thin believability to the point of breaking, he's WILLINGLY chosen to transform Indiana Jones into something that he was never meant to be. All of you Young Indy fans can kiss my ass, you know I'm right. (As an aside, which one's the real Indy: A: The guy who thinks with his mind, acts with his fists. has a possibly unhealthy amount of the fortune-seeking graverobber in him (not to mention an illegal relationship with the fifteen year old daughter of his college professor)?. or B: A good-hearted guy who just HAPPENED to bump into every single historical persona living in the first fifty years of this century?

3. It was dated as a final draft in 1995, making the comments on the supposed Boam 1996 draft sem plausible.

4. Like all of the other three films, Lucas has co-story credit.

5. It brings back all supporting characters - quite unbelievably to be sure - and ties everything up in a neat, perfect bow. Go watch Return of The Jedi again if you think Lucas doesn't have a tendency to unnecesarrily tie up evry single loose thread. Explain to me again why Yoda had to die? He seemed healthy enough in Empire.

I'm gonna shut up now, but what does everyone think?????

Could this dreadful script actually be the one????

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]