Indiana Jones and the Saucer Men From Mars

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.28 on August 09, 1999 at 03:25:38:

In Reply to: This is what happens when you think about Indiana Jones 4 too much!!!! AAAAAGHH!!!! ARRRRRRRGGGGGH!!!!! posted by KALI-MA!!!!! on August 08, 1999 at 21:01:55:

I have a couple of reasons why I don't think this will be the script for Indy IV.
Mainly, I think even George Lucas has to realize that Roswell has been done to death lately and this just seems too "X-Files" to me.
Second, the title is very cartoonish and will turn people off. Indy is a serious character and I'd hate to see him turned into a dork who chases Martians.
I think Lucas is pulling a fast one here. We know that the studios hate it when their top secret scripts get leaked on the web. I think this is a dummy script tossed out there to throw us off the scent. McCallum's vague comments are just there to get us to think that this will be the one.

However, we cannot trust in George Lucas not to mess up Indy just like he's messed up "Star Wars." I agree that "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" are a bastardization of the Indy mythos. When I saw the first commercial for them I was totally jazzed. We'd get to see Indy in action every week on TV! But right from the first episode it was just Lucas' lame attempt at educational television. I love history as much as the next guy but Indy is not the proper vehicle for imparting lessons. If Lucas wanted to make a TV show with a historical content intended to teach the history of the twentieth century he should have done it with an original character and left Indy the way he was.

As far as Indy IV, I wish that Harrison Ford would flat-out refuse to do it if the script wasn't absolutely marvelous. He should realize that we fans hold him just as responsible for Indy as Lucas is and he owes it to us not to make a crappy sequel.

By the way, if anyone knows where to link to the "Saucer Men From Mars" script I'd love to read it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]