Re: Do you think the Olmecs are descended from Africans?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Nickster from gatekeeper.co.hennepin.mn.us on August 26, 1999 at 09:17:52:

In Reply to: Do you think the Olmecs are descended from Africans? posted by Abner on August 26, 1999 at 09:03:35:

Yes, that is a very good theory... I have my first class which focuses directly on that area, so I will let you know what I find out. I have read some things as well that give evidence to that theory as well. A man named Gene Savoy who many refer to him as the real life "Indiana Jones" of today has explored that region his whole life and has explored many areas in which the mainstream has gotten to yet. He works mainly for himself and with a small team. Check it out, I'll post the link to the site later when I get home from work... take care...

Nickster

: Just look at those big heads! They don't look Native American at all. I also saw a show recently on the Learning Channel about the discovery of skeletons in Brazil with African or "Australian Aborigine" features that pre-date the earliest remains of peoples who migrated from Asia across the Bering Straight. Now, I doubt this is accepted by mainstream science, but the show was proposing that perhaps there had been earlier migrations across the South Pacific. Maybe the Atlantic too! Some have shown the similarities between the Olmecs and the Nubians in Africa. An interesting theory.

: Cheers,
: Abner

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: