The blood...THE BLOOD! (Young Indy spoilers - BEWARE!)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by walker from 38.152.176.175 on October 28, 1999 at 09:21:39:

Included in this message are spoilers about the Young Indy episode "Masks of Evil". Please stop reading if you don't want to know about it yet.

It's pretty clear why ABC never aired this particular episode (at least the latter half), even though I'm sure it would have pulled in big ratings. It is extremely violent. I was surprised - although not upset, don't get me wrong. I don't think I've ever seen so much blood in a NETWORK TV show essentially aimed at the youth audience. It really made the story much more intense than I was expecting. And I was happy about that.

I expected the Dracula legend to be treated like an old Scooby Doo episode, with lots of mysterious goings on, but no real horror.
Boy was I wrong. Let's see, there were about a dozen fresh corpses impaled on stakes, a pool of blood oozing through the ceiling, severed body parts, a vivisection (which, although its only seen through a filmy curtain, has blood spraying everywhere), stakes through the heart, gruesome scars and about a dozen of the walking dead.

Although sometimes the story didn't make much sense (Dracula has the power to super heat and freeze things? He controls little flying balls of electricity? What's that all about?), I still found it to be pretty cool. If you haven't yet purchased this particular Young Indy tape, it's worth checking out (even if the first half is only so-so). You can get them at Wal-Mart for 9.95 each. Not a bad price really.

walker

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]