You "Temple" apologists are a bunch of crybabies.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ROB T. from 162.10.138.197 on December 12, 1999 at 23:08:34:

In Reply to: Here's a MAJOR difference between the two movies... posted by ROB T. on December 12, 1999 at 02:53:23:

Sorry if it insults your bawlbaby sensibilities to hear that "ToD" is the weakest of the series. I can't help it if "Raiders" set the bar so high that "ToD" came off as a pale imitation. Face it, nowhere outside of a small minority on this forum do you hear anyone praise this film. Most of the time all you hear about "Temple of Doom" is that it sucks.
I saw "Temple of Doom" on opening weekend (before kindergartners like Shorty and Brett were even born) and nobody wanted that movie to rock more than I did. I was encouraged by the fantastic opening scene but the movie went downhill after that and never recovered. I saw the movie for only the second time a few months ago because of this forum but it hadn't improved with age. If "ToD" had been made first then Indiana Jones would've ended with one film.
I never laid the blame for "ToD" on Lucas alone. On the contrary I feel that Lucas/Spielberg/Ford are equally at fault on this one. Lucas is wholly responsible for the crapfest that is "Phantom Menace," though. And the fact that Shorty and Brett and Aragorn loved that crapstorm shows that they aren't discerning enough to recognize a bad film when they see one. Consider Shorty's love for "Night at the Roxbury."
Anyway, I don't appreciate being called a bastard by a diaper-wearer.
Why any of you three should be so insulted by the fact that a total stranger doesn't share your devotion to a fifteen year old movie is beyond me. If you love "Temple of Doom" then more power to you. I don't. If you don't want to hear a dissenting voice then feel free to ignore my posts and cover your ears when anyone discusses Indy because if you listen long enough you'll hear someone say "Temple of Doom" sucks.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]