Re: Intersting article about George Lucas.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from sdn-ar-001vannewP253.dialsprint.net on December 29, 1999 at 05:10:01:

In Reply to: Intersting article about George Lucas. posted by ROB T. on December 29, 1999 at 02:32:54:

: I came across this article on the Salon webzine about the mythologies behind "Star Wars" and since there are a lot of Star Wars fans on this forum I thought I'd link it for you. Be forewarned, the article is a bit critical of Lucas mainly about the political ramifications of the Force.
: There is some interesting stuff comparing Darth Vader and Hitler and I'd love to hear what you all think of this.

: Here's the article.

Hey. An interesting article, I'll admit. But this guy accuses George Lucas of having an agenda? I think he just wanted to rile up the ageless Star Wars versus Star Trek debate. I never believed that Joseph Campbell was trying to push the "hero pattern" on us. As for the Nazi symbolism (Stormtroopers, Vader's helmet, the Mauser-esque look of the blasters, etc), I always assumed Lucas used that to immediately identify the Empire as being evil. Just my two cents.
-graml

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]