Re: Wested Jacket Question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from 216-119-34-85.o1.jps.net on January 11, 2000 at 17:23:06:

In Reply to: Re: Wested Jacket Question posted by Brian K. on January 10, 2000 at 17:57:44:

: Well, you're asking really the wrong crowd, I think. In fact, I don't think you should be asking any crowd. Most people here are going to tell you how fine a jacket a Wested is, but it's really a matter of preference, since it fits our style of dress. ( I have a Wested myself on order, unfortunately I won't get it for about 3 more weeks...that's if the 6 week figure the dude at Wested gave me is accurate ) Do you think you will look good walking down the street in this jacket? Forget the fact that it's an Indy jacket for a second, since most people probably wouldn't notice unless you either told them, or started wearing a fedora and whip with it. Look at the pictures on http://www.indygear.com/jacket.htm and on Indy's diggs ( the addy escapes me at the moment. ) Or even FFWD through one or more of the Indy movies and check it out that way. Does this fit *your* style? If it does, then the jacket could be more than a collector item for you. If it does not, then do you really think you're going to wear it? If you won't, then you've bought yourself a $250 display piece for your house and ( possibly ) part of a halloween costume. It's a fully functioning lambskin coat for the spring, fall, and ( depending on where you live and how much you want to wear underneath if it is cold there ) winter. The only question you really have to answer is would you wear it, and that's something we really can't help you with.

: Just my 2 cents
: Brian K.

I agree with Brian that most likely no one will recognize the jacket as being Indy's. But if by any chance while you're walking down the street you are met by someone who knows a lot about Indy , I guarantee that it will be recognized and you will be met with a smile and a wink... from one Indyfan to another. ;)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]