Interesting Tidbits - Want to Know Exact Locations Where Indy Films Were Shot?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sahara from 1Cust120.tnt8.phoenix.az.da.uu.net on January 17, 2000 at 19:41:07:

These are the locations I know about. The exact places. I know some were shot overseas as well, but I don't know exact places. Here they are:

"Raiders of the Lost Ark"

1) Opening scene was shot on the Hawaiian Island of Kauai on the Wailua River. You can take a canoe trip up the river to visit the site. Pretty cool.

"Temple of Doom"

1) When Harrison Ford, Kate Capshaw, and Ke Huy Kwan raft down the side of the mountain toward the beginning, this was shot at Mammoth Lakes in California. It doubled for the Himalayas.

"Last Crusade"

1) The opening scenes with young Indy was filmed in Utah near the Double Arch in Arches National Park, located four miles north of Moab on Highway 191.

2) The opening sequence in which young Indy is pursued by outlaws on top of a moving circus train, was filmed on the Cumbres and Toltec Scenic Railroad, between the Anonito, Colorado, and Chama, New Mexico, stations. The railroad is a popular Colorado-New Mexico tourist attraction.

3) The closing scenes in which Indy and Father ride off into the sunset were filmed on the "Figure 3 Ranch" (a guest ranch) located off I-27, about a 1 1/2 hour drive south of Amarillo, Texas. This is a guest ranch, so you can stay there between April and October.

Any others you know of? I love to find out about movie locations. Sometimes it's fun to visit them.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]