Re: Raiders of the Lost Ark Game

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12_686.utsi.edu on June 26, 1998 at 06:15:29:

In Reply to: Raiders of the Lost Ark Game posted by James on June 25, 1998 at 20:09:40:

: My son is an Indy fan. For his last birthday, he received a Kenner board game of Raiders of the Lost Ark. It was by Lucas Film Ltd, 1981. Model number 40590. Box is in mint condition and the game is unused. Cards and playing pieces are still sealed. The cover model for Indiana Jones does not seem to be Harrison Ford. We have been told it might be Tom Selleck, who we understand was first cast for this part. Could anyone clarify this descrepancy for us, and perhaps give us an idea of its value, if any. Thank you very much. James
:

Is your board by Kenner, or is it Parker Bros.? I have a Raiders board game, still in the shrink wrap, that matches your description, and you're right, the front artwork is a bit "cheezy" as to being Harrison Ford, but I personally think it resembles him closer than Tom Selleck. If your game is indeed Kenner, then it's one I'm not aware of. There was a Temple of Doom board produced too, just for your information, but it was by another manufacturer all together. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]