Re: I would like my wested to be the exact same color as the movie jacket, could Peter sell me the same dye, or is there a place where I could buy this dye.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Jules from spider-tr041.proxy.aol.com on February 26, 2000 at 02:05:27:

In Reply to: Re: I would like my wested to be the exact same color as the movie jacket, could Peter sell me the same dye, or is there a place where I could buy this dye. posted by Kenneth. on February 25, 2000 at 19:55:16:

: The jackets that Peter supplies are exactly the same specs as what he supplied to Bermans and Nathans.All the disstressing and alteration was done there.It also depnds on how long you have had the jacket for.It looks brilliant after a few months,just like the film.You will often find that certain things look different on screen.Take for example indys shirt and pants.The shirt looks considerably lighter and the colours of heis trousers seem ta alter from scene to scene.It all comes down to lighting.If you are up to it take some sandpaper to it and it will improve but it will drasticly cut the lifespan of your jacket.The leather colour is the same,i assure you.Give it time and your jacket will become more and more like the movie jacket withe each passing day.Just wear it and enjoy it in knowning that when you buy a wested you are gaurenteed a personal authentic high quality reproduction that will give you years of satisfaction.No i am not affiliated with wested! Cheers,Kenneth.
: : I would really appreiciate anyones thoughts. I have a new Raiders jacket I do love it but I would like the color to look closer to the original. Even if you think I shouldn't do this I would like to hear what you have to say. So please give me your advice, and opinions.

That is true to a few certain points, however, there is no one true set Wested color. The specs don't make a damn difference as to how the color will look--it all depends upon the particular lamb that was slaughtered. My Wested is a golden-brown, which is fine by me, although I am rather envious (no inference to Marcus Brody planned) that some people do get the black-brown color that it appears to be in the films.
My advice to you, Man of Steele is to pray that Mr. Botwright receives leather from a dark-skinned sheep, and if you don't get it to be the same movie color be happy with what you got--the jacket looks great as the golden-brown that I have, or the black-brown that some people get.
Also if you get the golden type brown one, DO NOT BE FOOLED! I have noticed, that when I compare my lambskin Wested to Dad's doggie-skinned (ignore the Rowdy Yates reference) St. John's Bay that mine is a type of brown, and his is a little bit blondish-yellow. Also, the lambskin has a type of...grain (for lack of a better word), where there are little tiny black spots in between every brown one...this will make your jacket shiny from the 3rd person point of view, and will look just as cool when you are moving and it bends and wrinkles with your movement as Indy's does.
All in all, you will be satisfied, and you should be happy with you got-there are some little boys and girls out there who can't get Wested's, so count your blessings and be a bad-assed leather jacket wearin MOFO like the rest of us!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]