Re: Great thread idea! Thanks! Now, let's see...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Moribundman from virtus.mcc.wwwcache.ja.net on February 29, 2000 at 14:00:37:

In Reply to: Great thread idea! Thanks! Now, let's see... posted by Ultraman Tiga on February 29, 2000 at 05:23:51:

: If I had written an episode(s), I would have had Old Indy making up a sci fi story for his kids, so the episode would have been titled "Mars - December 19177" or something like that. You could have then had a segment with Sean Patrick FLannery as Lt. Indiana Jones - Rocket pilot, and his co-pilot Remy Bedouin! It would have been the cheesiest, but perhaps most wild episode, as they defend a human colony from invading Venusians or some such. Thus, Indy could literally pluck any figure from any timeline, people he respected, and dropped them into the story, so you have had appearancea from Ned Lawrence, Abe Lincoln and Charles Dickens (let's say)! What fun!
: Of course, Lucas would have then had to try and edit it into a two hour movie, and without George Hall's scenes, the epiosde would just baffle people. Too bad.

I shudder to think of this actually happening on Indy (sorry, good idea tho!) but it is not TOO far fetched... Did anyone see the BRILLIANT episode of Hercules where the plot took a nose dive and they concentrated on Kevin Sorbo diappearing, with all the regular cast playing the stressed-out executives trying to think up a new angle? Best of all was Bruce Campbell as the top guy. "Hail to the..." et al

Otherwise, yeah! I agree that it's a travesty Indy never met Einstein in the series (maybe they were hedging their bets on a later season and that's why Hollywood follies seems an unsatisfactory conclusion...) and Truman too. Top idea. Have his "ordinary guy" personality enforced. Guess Lucas is a Republican... Hehehe. (Everything else vaguely political he's done seems to run against this in my opinion)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]