Re: Wested Size Question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from 150.182.1.47 on March 01, 2000 at 17:43:51:

In Reply to: Wested Size Question posted by Anejo Joe on March 01, 2000 at 17:37:10:

: I have read posts which said you should order the Wested jacket as much as two sizes larger than your normal suit size. I once had a head cutter at a textile garment plant in Jackson, TN tell me that large men like their clothes cut loosely, but small men like them cut more closely fitting. (She made the necessary allowances in her patterns, and was known as an excellent cutter). Do those of you who own a Wested find this to be true? That is, if you are large, say size 46 and up, to you prefer the Wested to be over your usual suit size? And do those of you who are smaller, say size 38 or 40 prefer the jacket in your normal suit size? I suppose, if you are sending custom measurements you ask Peter to increase the sizeing accordingly.

Speaking as an individual who didn't do any of the measuring that I see most of the others have, I can say that I ordered my normal size 44 regular, and the coat arrived fitting me as if it had been perfectly tailored for me. Sleeve length was perfect, and the room inside was just roomy enough to allow the wearing of a sweater should the weather get TOO inclimate for just the jacket. I don't know about all the other formulas and theories that folks use to get the correct sizing, but I didn't have any problems. Regrds. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]