Re: George Lucas having a lot of dough (a.k.a. many, many ramblings from bud-arc...run while you still can!)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by bud-arc from 216-119-34-53.o1.jps.net on March 16, 2000 at 23:02:30:

In Reply to: I meant "last year"(nm) posted by Steve on March 16, 2000 at 18:52:12:

400 million for Star Wars! And it still didn't beat Titanic in the top money makers of all time*? I doubt that Lucas will be making that much on the next two movies, though, since a lot of people seem to dislike these new prequels. So...I was just wondering...how much did the highest grossing Indy movie make (I think it was Last Crusade, right?)?
Dang, why is Star Wars series so much popular than Indy anyway? I mean, Star Wars is to sci-fi what Indy is to adventure! Doesn't anyone have an adventurous side to them anymore? George Lucas: Feel around inside yourself...discover those lost feelings you have for adventure! It is your destiny, Lukas!

*I am proud to be the only person alive that has not seen the movie, Titanic. Here's hoping that an Indy 4 will beat it in the highest grossing movies of all time! Aw, who am I kidding? Yeah, right, like I have confidence in people anymore. Let me tell you something: People are stupid. They'd rather watch a piece of junk movie exploiting all those lives that were lost on the Titanic than watch a piece of film history with adventure, action, excitement, etc.! What the hell are those Academy Award people thinking?!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]