Re: I GOT MY ALDEN'S!!!!!!! and questions about color

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from 150.182.1.47 on April 12, 2000 at 15:51:47:

In Reply to: I GOT MY ALDEN'S!!!!!!! and questions about color posted by Indiana Jimmie on April 12, 2000 at 15:36:46:

: Ok, guys...I recv'd my Aldens today, and , after approx. 3 hours of wearing them around outside, I gotta tell ya that these are just about the most comfortable boots I have ever owned!!
: BUT...
: When I ordered them, the form said BROWN...but the box they came in says BRICK....has anyone darkened thiers? And how did it take?
: Now I just turn in Mr Reciept to the Expense Dept at work, and voila!! THEY pay for the boots...woo hoo!!

: Later all,
: Indiana Jimmie

: PS...just got a good look at the replies of all of the various people who frequent here from all over the world...WOW!!!

: PPS....IndianaJones.com is in the hands of an evil madman!!!

: "Why don't you come on down here and I'll show ya!"

The original 405's are indeed "brick" in color. You can detect this color when you see the closeup of Indy's boot in the truck chase in Raiders. The reddish coloration shows through the dust. I understand that they're newer version of 405's are a bit browner than the brick version of past issues. Good deal on the purchase, my friend. That's the best I've heard to date. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]