Re: Question

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on July 24, 1998 at 07:39:16:

In Reply to: Possibly because he's an educator. posted by The Northlander on July 23, 1998 at 21:58:06:

: : Why didn't Indiana Jones get drafted into the war? Was he one of the fortunate people? Did his numeber come in too late? One would think that he had a good chance of being drafted. Wasn't he drafted into WWI and was sent to Europe? How come he didn't get picked for WWII? Lucky dog, isn't he?

: My dad didn't get drafted for Vietnam because he was a teacher at the time, and that apparently made him exempt. I guess that if all the teachers got drafted there wouldn't be anyone left here to teach the kids of America! Indy, being a professor, may have been in a similar situation, assuming the draft worked the same way back then.

: -Northy-

I must have missed something, and anymore that doesn't surprise me, but where has it been written or implied Indy DIDN'T serve in the military in some fashion during WWII? I have no recollection of information regarding his stories except prior to 1940, except recent fan fiction currently being written. Please enlighten me, someone. thanks and Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]