Good point

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by graml from sdn-ar-003vannewP290.dialsprint.net on June 25, 2000 at 09:26:15:

In Reply to: Who would search for El Dorado in the 1950's?! posted by CKolumb on June 25, 2000 at 08:26:50:

The end of the War would be a good era for Indy. As a professor, he wouldn't have to worry about being drafted, so he could be teaching a mild-mannered class at a mild-mannered college, but then get called away by Army Intel to grab an artifact away from the Nazis, who hope to make one last stand against the advancing Allies in Belgium. And I see your point about Indy finding El Dorado. He'd stand in the main plaza of the City of Gold, his Webley empty, his Wested torn and his fedora battered to death, and he'd shrug his shoulders and say "Now what?" He couldn't cart the whole kingdom of gold back to the Museum, could he? Your idea of Norse mythology sounds good. I always thought that the Norsemen had the strangest myths I've ever read; the Aesir were mortal, for crying out loud!
-graml
PS Empire of the Sun was a great movie. I saw it when it came out, and I've loved it ever since. I appreciate Hershey bars more nowadays.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]