yes. for that and because lucas and spielberg wanted the leading ladys haircolor to be different from marions brunette color from the first film. but youre right in 30s hollywood it seemed that blond was the more "desired" haircolor for female stars [nm]

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by . from 38.169.77.68 on June 29, 2000 at 18:10:02:

In Reply to: I know that. They dyed it platinum blond because of that 30s movie star who's name I've forgot and I'm kicking myself for not remembering! I must be senile! (nm) posted by Brett (Maverick) Lambert on June 29, 2000 at 17:36:28:

: : : : :You wouldn't last two minutes in the adventuring business if you put your trust in every blonde wearing a tight skirt.

: : : : Sadly, the last line is undoubtedly TRUE!
: : : : Anywho, one of the best lines in the trilogy is; "The only trouble with her, is the NOISE," to which Short Round AGREES!!
: : : : Ahhh, Kate Capshaw shoulda' ran off into the sunset with the burly Thuggee.
: : : : (What WAS George Lucas THINKING?!:-)
: : : : Adventurously,
: : : : Ulla

: : : It was more Spielberg's doing that cast Capshaw, since he was so mystified by her (remember, he friggin' married her, for Peter's sake :) ). If you're going to blame Capshaw and her character, blame BOTH Spielberg, Lucas, and Ford who all agreed they wanted a chick who was different from Marion.

: : : Thank you and have a nice day. :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]