Re: Herbert Johnson Hat

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Greg from 208.153.22.55 on July 26, 1998 at 15:11:13:

In Reply to: Herbert Johnson Hat posted by Matt Walker on July 25, 1998 at 10:55:46:

: I'm about to order a Herbert Johnson hat but first I need to get the ribbon. There are two places on the indy''s diggs page that sell petersham ribbon. Does anybody know which one is better and whether I should have Herbert Johnson put the ribbon on or have it put on locally? Any info would be appreciated.

: Matt

The ribbon from Hyman Hendler in NYC is probably the easiest to obtain but they'll only sell a minimum order of 10 yards. Catherine Delaney will sell you as much or as little as you want, but unless you are in the UK, it is difficult to get a hold of her first, secondly, you need to send away for a money order in British Sterling, which takes a while... Quality of ribbon? Both are nice for different reasons. I found Delaney's ribbon to be finer, but not as pliable and soft as the Hendler ribbon. Personal choice. The HJ hat is coming now with the Petersham on it, however, it is 1 1/4 inches, and from all of the photos I have seen, comparing them to my second hat which has this ribbon on it, the stuff on the movie hats was a bit wider-1 1/2 inches or 39mm. Again, personal choice...

Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]