Controversy over Indy's guns finally settled!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Cueball from 1Cust78.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on July 25, 2000 at 20:05:28:

In Reply to: Indy's guns posted by Jim on July 25, 2000 at 03:54:04:

There's quite a debate as to which guns Indiana Jones carried, and I think it's kind of like the jacket and hat situation: different versions were used in different scenes for different reasons (e.g. dependable 9mm blanks) by different people (e.g. stuntmen).

So the final answers are: IT DEPENDS! and MAYBE!

P.S. That Triplelock had to set you back a bit, too.

Cueball

: This is my first time and would just like to add my thoughts. Ever since I saw the movie, I was sure Indy's revolver was either a S&W Triple Lock or a 3rd Model Hand Ejector, model 1926 .44 Special. The only difference is the latter doesn't have the 3rd lock at the crane. As to the auto used in the bar scene, it looked like a Colt 1903 .32 automatic to me, but I guess I was wrong. Too bad, because I bought both a Triple Lock (the 1926 was too expensive and harder to find) and a Colt .32. Then a Stetson Indy hat that came out when the movie did. No real point here, just sharing my infatuation with the film, especially the firearms. By the way, traded the S&W for a Browning Hi-Power, too good of a deal to pass up! Thanks for listening.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]