Re: VHS + VHS = Not working? Here's why followup..

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on August 05, 1998 at 10:07:22:

In Reply to: Re: VHS + VHS = Not working? Here's why.... posted by sas on August 05, 1998 at 04:06:14:

: : On the DVD front, I believe Europe is in what is called region 2, and the states are region 1. And like VHS, the two are not compatible.

: Well, the truth is still out there :)

: You can bye DVD players in Europe that play US DVDs but I would not suggest to buy one before next year.

: And here an answer for the VHS question (PAL/NTSC): In fact all VRCs you can buy in Europe that cost $ 400.- or more CAN play the US NTSC format.
: You don NOT need a $ 2500 mulitstandard VRC.

: sas (BTW: I am from Europe - Austria in fact - and own NTSC videos c|:)

That's good news for you. They are not available here in the US for that price. But it makes total sense to me, because you see more diversity in tapes there, where we see very few videotapes other than NTSC here in the US, therefore a standards conversion VCR isn't exactly a big draw in the sales department. The only reason I have access to one here at the University is because we have so many foreign students attending, and much of their research video has been done in PAL, and therefore must be converted to NTSC for viewing on our equipment. The price, as I stated, was $2,000, and that was 3 years ago. It was the least expensive on the market then. Last look-see, it ran $2500. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]