Re: My theory is:

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Spatsman from spider-te022.proxy.aol.com on September 14, 2000 at 15:43:55:

In Reply to: Re: My theory is: posted by Anejo Joe on September 14, 2000 at 14:56:03:

: : He broke her heart and Abner probably felt betrayed that the man he came to regard as his son was sleeping with his daughter. But after watching YIJC, I find it hard to believe that Indy would've done anything THAT stupid! Too bad Young Indy wasn't more of a Han Solo-esque jerk, rather than an idealistic boy. That would've better explained the Indy-Marion relationship. But that's just my tw...uh...theory.
: : -graml

:
: When it comes to women, I am sure the consequences were not the primary concern, i.e. Carpe Diem! Or whatever.
:
When Marion comments on what it took for Indy to turn away from Abner, his response was "..not much, just you."
She also commented that Abner loved Jones like a son. I think a triangle can lead to some very intense conflicts, and perhaps that falling-out Indy had with Abner was simply due to Indy having taken advantage of his daughter's infatuation..."I was a girl! I was in love!" That may very well have been enough to shatter the old man. Marion remained with her father after that, obviously, since he was 'sorry for dragging me all of the world lookin' for his little bits o' junk'.
I think it's a small unspoken story about a young student who was loved by his professor and his professor's daughter, and that young student made a young students mistake.
~The Spatsman

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]