Tapering the Wested...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.91 on September 15, 2000 at 17:00:42:

In Reply to: Just got my Wested back from the tailor! posted by California Smith on September 15, 2000 at 16:45:13:

: If anyone read my earlier post, my original Wested was too bulky in the waist. I got a 46" Wested. Problem is my waist is around 34-35", so that when I had the side straps cinched in, it bulged out way too much and just did not hang right. I took it to my local tailor, and she pulled in a couple of inches on either side of the first seam behind the pockets. She tapered down, so that I did not lose any room on the chest.

: Well, it came out perfect. I am no Harrison Ford, but at least the jacket now hangs on me like it hangs on him. My tailor charged me $50 which is a lot less than the cost of sending it back to England. Not to mention the time it would have taken.

: Now if it only had gussetts!!!

I always gave Peter both the chest and waist measurement. I wear a 48 through the chest, but wear a 36 in jeans, so without the taper my Westeds would look like leather dresses! Peter has always taken this and delivered a jacket with the proper fit both high and low, with the proper drape all around. Now if he could just line up the seams? Oh, well...

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: