Re: Fedora's and such

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Valdez from cx540447-b.cv1.sdca.home.com on September 23, 2000 at 14:00:38:

In Reply to: Fedora's and such posted by Jay Melius on September 23, 2000 at 12:15:15:

: Has anyone purchased (yes, it's almost a rhetorical question) any of the Herbert Johnson Fedoras? If so, how'd you go about doing it, costs, are you happy with it?, and whatever else you want to throw in.

I'm one of the few that took the plunge and went for the 300 dollar hat. I don't consider myself a perfectionist, but I definitely pay close attention to detail. I couldn't imagine a better Indy hat. I've seen a lot of people talk about how cheap they are, how non-authentic, and so on and and so forth. But I can't see a single missed detail on mine. Okay, one thing I'll admit is that when it came, the brim was a little misshappen. No problem. I reshapped it myself and now it's the perfect Indy hat. And if you're worried about destroying your hat, don't worry. You don't have to be an expert to do it. You can reshape them in a snap. I did, and I'm a newcomer with these hats.

As for how I went about getting it, well I'm down in Southern California, so to coordinate with London time I had to wake up early and make a call around 5 in the morning. I told the guy I would like the Indiana Jones Hat with all the custom specs, etc. He said it'd be no problem. He knew what I meant. The only thing I forgot to ask him for was the option of my initials in gold ink on the band, which I'm still kicking myself for. Well maybe it's his fault. He should've mentioned it. Grrr...

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]