Ironic

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by DeWayne from 209-142-18-64.stk.inreach.net on September 28, 2000 at 00:29:29:

In Reply to: Cool... posted by Patterson on September 27, 2000 at 13:25:48:

It's not quite 60, but my Grandpa did give me his jacket that he got in 1949. It's still in descent shape, and it says horsehide in big, bold letters on the inside tag. He told me he wore the jacket everywhere, constantly in his travels for about five years. (I know some have heard me talk of this jacket before, but it's just so darn cool!) It's pretty broken in. It's wrinkled good on the sleeves, but there really isn't much give or a hang to it. It's very stiff. When I asked him if it ever loosened up at all when he wore it, he said no, it just got more comfortable after forming to him, but the stiffness never went away.

When he gave it to me about 4 years ago, it was the closest thing I had ever seen to an Indy jacket. It has cargo pockets, leather cuffs and waist, etc. It even has side-straps with square, black, rectangular buckles. Sorry, no gussets though. I wore it for a while, then I got paranoid something might happen to it. now it sits safely in my bedroom. Though, this would be the jacket to wear if I had to drag behind a truck! Nearly bulletproof. Honestly, it's not very comfortable. The jacket is priceless to me, but I much prefer wearing my lambskin jackets. Altogether, I have twelve leather jackets. Two of them horsehide. They are both pretty stiff. It just depends on what you're looking. I'm sure I'll wind up ordering a Flight Suits lambskin.

See ya! DeWayne

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]