What can you do in your costume besides wear it?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by John Freudenthal from ws126-252.critz.msstate.edu on October 09, 2000 at 23:41:43:

Now that I am acquiring some of the gear, I want to do more than just put it on and wear it around. I wear some of it when hiking and camping, but it isn't enough. I have these urges to jump, dive, run, whip objects/people, etc. But it is kind of silly doing things without purpose or goals. So I have come up with a solution...IndyGear Softball!!!

I currently play softball and I just love diving and sliding. It feels so Indy-like. So why not form softball teams with everyone wearing their gear?

Here's a few proposals:

1) Opposing teams are distinguished by the blatantly obvious variations in the costumes for each of the movies (example, ToD-style vs. ROTLA-style. Or we could choose strictly jacket styling, Wested vs. Flightsuits).

2) Instead of using gloves, balls are caught with either the MKVII bag or the hat.

3) Runners must dive or do "penitent man rolls" at each base. A Raiders fanfare will accompany each such event.

4) Runners may be tagged with whips.

5) When confronted with a highly skilled batter, the pitcher may elect to just shoot the batter instead of walking him.

I think the above is enough to make the game fun, without becoming too complex. I was also thinking about a chasm to swing across between 2nd and 3rd base, but that would complicate the fielding too much.

Any furthur suggestions for this game, or a completely different activity, would be welcomed.

John Freudenthal

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]