Re: The Next Indy Film

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Solo4114 from ACA4113E.ipt.aol.com on October 24, 2000 at 18:48:15:

In Reply to: The Next Indy Film posted by Indy Fan 02384023 +23422 on October 23, 2000 at 23:43:43:

If we look at the Indy timeline, and figure that this one MUST take place in the future of the Indy timeline, then I think there are some pretty clear indications of what would be in another Indy movie.

WWII is OVER. Thus, no more Nazis.

If Last Crusade took place in '38, and that was made in '89, it's now '00,figure the movie would be started around '02, finished around '04 or '05, so that puts us about 15 years into the future of the Indy timeline, which puts us at about 1953. We're talking Korean War era, reconstruction of Japan, Berlin Blockade, all that great brand new cold-war type stuff.

However, I don't think "evil commies" quite cuts it. This is not the 1980s, and we're not making a Rambo film. Commies are passe. Nazis are great bad guys because they never go out of style as evil dudes, but Commies, to me at least, just seem overdone. Plus, they would seem like substitute Nazis, really.

What I had in mind was an Indy film where he's back teaching at college, and receives word from someone from his past (I don't know who, just someone), who asks him to come to Japan to, perhaps, authenticate a particular artifact. Indy goes there, and gets embroiled in some plot of some sort (I have more for this idea, but I'm keeping it to myself...) and we have all sorts of archaeological fun! :)

Here's an idea...remember that old Young Indy episode called The Mystery of the Blues? The ONLY one Harrison Ford ever appeared in? Well, you could start the movie with that as the opening! In fact, for those of you craving a snow scene, you've got it! The whole sequence takes place, I believe, somewhere in Canada, as Indy retrieves some Native American relic of some sort. We have our little opening sequence in the snow, and then Indy heads back to college where my storyline picks up.

Oh, and trust me, the one I had in mind is VERY cool. :) It'd take place in Japan, and perhaps parts of Southeast Asia. As for the girl (of course, there has to be a girl), I was thinking someone along the lines of, perhaps, a Michele Yeoh type (or maybe Lucy Liu or someone). An Asian actress who REALLY kicks ass. I was picturing some scene in which Indy is unarmed, and confronted by five nasty badguys. He steps in front of the girl and says something like, "Better let me handle this." She steps back in front of him, and just proceeds to beat the hell out of the badguys before Indy can really react. I kind of pictured Ford just standing there kind of dumbfounded, and then responding with something like, "...Or you could take care of this..." Better yet, have her just sort of smile at him, and he just has some surprised look on his face. Anyway, just a thought. The scene obviously needs to be refined.

Dan Shay

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]