Indy 4 Priorities

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indiana Eastwood from 1Cust61.tnt1.sjc4.da.uu.net on October 26, 2000 at 23:47:54:

Of course you all know that Indy 4 has been in limbo for several years. Well, between 1993 (when the wait began)and now, a new series of films have expressed a different kind of film-making. Should Indy 4 follow in this trend? No. In my opinion, special effect spectacles don't balance character and plot.Let's face it, The Phantom Menace was to computers as Michael Jackson was to plastic surgery:just too excessive.It ended up looking like that movie about Dinosaurs last summer. Anyway, don't have a lot. You cannot make the whole film a "I'm-Indiana-Jones,-have-you-seen-my-teeth?" gag. Bringing back Marion would be good, BUT don't make the film full of quotes like "Where the hell were you, Indy?" . Connery has to be back. Although I hate to say this, no Nazis. Indy has passed the WWII era. Make the film darker than LC, but lighter than TOD.The film should have a powerful musical score like the others. Harrison Ford must be brought back. I know that some people will disagree with me, but Indy should not be like the Bond films. Indy could've been a Bond franchise if they hurried like Bond. The creators of Raiders took their time, plus, there have been a couple of really crappy Bond films.They didn't replace Connery cuz he was too old, they replaced him because he wanted out. Roger Moore was OLDER than Connery.Moore played Bond until he was 57, and no one made one joke about it.This film could really be something, as long as it's done right.Does anyone have a view on this?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]