Thanks! That's the best explanation I've seen yet! (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Pete from 192.217.12.16 on November 01, 2000 at 00:47:39:

In Reply to: Re: MK VI...would Indy have preferred it? posted by Indiana Jimmie on October 31, 2000 at 12:52:55:

: Hey...
: I just made my own strap for my bag , and it was easy.
: Go to your leather shop, and they should have 'Strapping Leather'.
: Buy some "Chicago Screws", a couple of rings (if your bag is missing the correct ones), and a buckle the strap will fit through.

: I didn't go by a specific width for the strap...I just sort of eyeballed it. Also just get one that is ALOT longer than you'll think you need...I used the extra from mine for a very nice whip holder.

: Run the thing over your shoulder, and double one end (This is where the buckle will sit) until you think it looks right on you. Trim the excess, and then attach the strap to the bag. Easy!!

: Attaching the strap is a bit difficult to explain in text, but here goes :

: Your buckle has a center post. One end of the strap hooks here with one of your screws. Loop the strap from the buckle down through one of the rings on your bag, and then back up through the buckle, over the center post, and on to the other ring on the other side of the bag. Attach here with another screw. Done! And the strap is now adjustable.

: Hope this helps, and if you have any other questions, please feel free to email me!

: Indiana Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]