Re: Here We Go Again...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by God from 64.14.248.62 on November 01, 2000 at 18:57:48:

In Reply to: Here We Go Again... posted by New Jersey Hughes on November 01, 2000 at 18:00:55:

: And I'm not directing this at anyone in particular, BTW....

: First off, the 'Greedy Git' will keep releasing STAR WARS on VHS, as long as people keep buying it.

: And, even though I don't like being Lucas' apologist all the time, I gotta implore all the angry DVD owners to lay off George Lucas (again). It's his stuff. He can release it on DVD whenever he wants. Hell, he can choose to NEVER release it on DVD, or ever again for that matter. We don't get a say in the matter, and no amount of complaining and name-calling will alter things. No, I don't hero-worship the guy, but I cannot recall a single instance of any creator being the center of such animosity as Lucas, especially concerning the subject of DVDs.

: Anyone who's been around this forum for a while will know that the DVD issue comes up every three weeks or so, and it all eventually degrades into verbal abuse aimed towards the guy who, let's be fair, gave us Indiana Jones in the first place. A little more gratitude, and a little less bile this time around, might be the decent thing to do.

: And if Lucas waits so stinkin' long that the next format AFTER DVD comes along, then fine; no one will have any reason to whine about having to re-re-re-purchase the damn Indy movies for the upteenth time.

: Am I cranky? Hell, yes! George Lucas doesn't owe us anything. He doesn't owe us any new STAR WARS or Indiana Jones movies. He doesn't owe us Special Collector Edition DVDs with second discs chock full of Bonus Supplemental Material. My childhood was a great and wonderful place because of the guy's films, and I owe HIM a world of thanks for that. Whatever else I get from him is pure gravy.

: If anyone doesn't like that opinion, I'll be waiting outside. "I'm drunk, so it'll be a fair fight."

: ;-)

If there's anything to face, it's the fact that the guy's days are long gone. Star Wars and Empire were great. Jedi and Phantom sucked and if they weren't 'Star Wars' movies, wouldn't have made a dime. If anyone needs to have respect for anything it's Lucas. He needs to understand that he just doesn't have it anymore and if he cares about his projects he'll pass them on to someone with talent.
The fighting threats aren't funny, they're just sad.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]