Re: Sources for Leather Shoulder MKVII bag strap?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-te044.proxy.aol.com on November 05, 2000 at 04:53:55:

In Reply to: Sources for Leather Shoulder MKVII bag strap? posted by Michigan Smith on November 04, 2000 at 15:30:20:

I made my strap from two leather belts. I split the raw edges (where I cut the belts) in a 'tongue and groove' fashion, in opposing directions and glued it with leather glue. It's stronger than you think; I carry about five pounds of stuff in my bag and have had no trouble with the strap. As for the buckle, I just looked around until I found a belt with the right buckle. I found it at Walmart, actually. As for the rings, you'll have to cut them with a hacksaw or Dremel tool and spread them so they slip out. The new rings will have a break in them and will spread without much work. Personally, I didn't replace mine. I know in the film they were bright silver but, if Indy were real, I can't believe he'd bother with this. The stock rings are durable and functional, which is all he would care about.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]