I really have the sneaking suspicion...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Brian K. from kbowen.xyplex.com on November 14, 2000 at 11:44:59:

In Reply to: Indiana Jones trilogy DVD news from Paramount posted by Bentarr on November 14, 2000 at 07:50:09:

I suspect, and I hope I'm wrong, that we won't see Indiana Jones on DVD until after the Star Wars prequels have been released and given their DVD treatment. Star Wars has always gotten preferential treatment over Indy, and I don't expect that to change. Lucas has a pre-occupation with personally overseeing everything. Given his schedule, I don't see how he could really do it any sooner. I consider it a real blessing that Indy is more of a collaborative effort with Spielberg, and that they're seeking outside writing help, otherwise I doubt there'd be much hope for Indy 4. This is just all personal opinion, and like I said, I hope I'm wrong.

Feeling like he got the short end of the stick AGAIN,
Brian K.

: I dunno if this was posted before, so ignore it if this is the case...

: In Short: The trilogy won't be in stores in 2001. AAARGH!

: Tis year was another "Studio Day".
: At the "Studio Day 2000" you (the customer)get the chance to meet representatives from the studios to talk about all things DVD.

: This year reps from just about all the major studios and independents including Columbia , Warner, Disney, DreamWorks, Paramount, New Line, MGM, THX, Image, Pioneer, Trimark were in attendance, along with many hardware manufacturers, the industry's leading content producers and plenty of press as well.

:
: ----------------
: from DVDFile:

: "First things first...when is that damn Indiana Jones trilogy finally coming to DVD!? Not any time soon, so don't hold your breath...it won't be in 2001. When? Who knows, but let's move on... "

: Source : http://www.dvdfile.com/news/special_report/events/
: studio_day/2000/part_2.html

:
: Bentarr >:(

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL: