don't think he opened the hatch....this is what i heard

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Pete from 192.217.12.16 on November 20, 2000 at 02:50:17:

In Reply to: Some cool LC facts, and an anti-Indy athiesm(forgive me Indiana!) posted by Indy Coil on November 19, 2000 at 23:46:30:

ok, just one point...i used to think the same thing about indy on the "submerged" submarine....however:

i have been told (i forget where) that there was ORIGINALLY supposed to be a scene IN BETWEEN indy gettin on the boat, and arriving at the island, where indy has tied his whip around the periscope and been dragged all the way....this scene (supposedly) was cut from the production due to time and money constraints.

now, the PROBABILITY? well, when a sub goes under water, it does not necessarily dive to hundreds of feet below the surface...in fact, it was more common to just skim below the surface of the water, and use the periscope to see possible threats on the water...

i COULD Be wrong on this, considering i'm not exactly an expert on WWII or submarines... speakin of, the new movie "U-571" has a lot of info on subs....you might wanna take a look...takes place in WWII (just like RAIDERS!)

just my ideas...
pete
PS...petroleum would hurt like hell...you're absolutely right on that point...i've always thought that as well

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]