Glad to hear!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.46 on November 21, 2000 at 11:45:10:

In Reply to: Well, you twisted my arm...[or did you?] posted by Aaron on November 20, 2000 at 22:56:29:

Yep - I'd have to say goat would be my choice if I were up your way. On its thickness - the veg goat and the deer are actually the same thickness. The veg goat came in a bit thicker than they normally spec it to be, and is the same as the standard deerskin. One thing you may have a time with is the side straps. With the thicker leather, getting the original configuration is a challenge - but one you get it they will never move again!

I received my deerskin last Friday, and it is great. We live in the desert, and the temperature swings quite a bit right now - high 20's at night and low 70's in the day. I can wear this jacket across the whole range.

I was also a bit concerned about the lining until I actually saw it. They gave us the best they have - I had the opportunity to test it, inadvertently! I was taking some things from the garage and caught the inside of the jacket on the locking prongs along the garage door track. I heard that "rrriippp" sound and said "Oh, f--k..." - but not a scratch. Phew! No more "tests" like that - from now on I wear the Disney jacket if I'm doing work.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: