Well excuse me for posting

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from csv2space055.utsi.edu on December 14, 2000 at 10:06:01:

In Reply to: Re: Regarding my post about "the fuss over fedora dimensions" posted by Sean on December 13, 2000 at 05:17:53:

: Shawnkara:
: I agree - I'm a little concerned that any time an "old" issue is brought up the general sentiment is "I was here first. Check the archive. We talked about this ad nauseum 3 years ago." This bothers me because I've been reading the forum actively for 2 years and been treated on one occasion like I was a "newbie" who had no idea what I was talking about.
: I seem to remember a long time ago posting something about a gear item, and I said "Let's move on, this is getting old," type of thing.
: Well, I was told by at least 2 or 3 "regulars" (whatever the hell that means, like it's proprietary) that discussions were never order. New information always comes to light. Well, so do new perspectives on issues we've talked about.
: I, for one, appreciate ANYBODY's input provided it's constructive, whether or not the issue had been explored back in good 'ol '97 or night. Keep it up.
: Cheers,
: Sean

Micah puts a lot of time, money, and effort to hold the vaults for all to read. Occasionally it helps to remind folks to use the ENTIRE page here as a lot of folks just sit here at the forum and don't explore the entire realm of information Micah provides with Indyfan.
No one is getting talked down to, as your posting suggests above, Sean. But then on the other side of the coin, it does indeed bother me that a lot of past work is being totally ignored and folks are making the same "mistakes" we made 20 years ago when the information is right here or at IndyGear to help you NOT make those same mistakes. Like my heading said above, excuse me for posting my footnotes as it seems to have ruffled some feathers. I'll keep my own council to myself unless contacted offline. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]