SERMON ON THE RAIDERS FEDORA

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by INDY JONES...back from Vienna from spider-tl022.proxy.aol.com on December 20, 2000 at 13:58:45:

What a trademark! A Fedora Why are we so obsessed with dimensions, color, petersham ribbon and who makes it? Because we are true INDY FANS!!! Yes, a fan may buy a hat called "Indiana Jones" but he , to me, is not a true fan because he has not done the correct research. Everybody here (Iam assuming this) knows who made the actual hat and still today, we try to find the best Indy hat avabile today.

But in a larger sense, the Raiders hat is what we are all in awe of. The tight pinch down the center, that shape of a non-tapered crown with both sides parallel and all the charcter of the hat-a MASTERPIECE! That special brim-long and adventourous. If I were given a choice I would want my hat to look like the Raiders hat. To me TOD and LC look the same- A tight pinch at the top. Not enough charcter there for me. I may have picked up a hat when I was in Austria that Harrison Ford got his for TOD. The hat shop is in Vienna. Its called
NAGY HUTE. If this is true, well....I'd still rather have a raiders hat.

But to me, even though I have a Lock Chelasea and another Indiana Jones hat, I still feel the need to have another one-until I find the perfect Raiders hat I will still continue to search. 3$k has them shapred perfectly in my opinion-if he could get some wool felt and shape them like that I'd buy one. That cheap stuff wont do me any good.

If any of you know how, or where I could find the best Raiders hat Ill buy it-even if its one you have.

Here something
What did I find in the Indiana Jones hat- "Illumination"

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: