Barrel-chested HF!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fall Guy from pool0679.cvx7-bradley.dialup.earthlink.net on December 20, 2000 at 16:31:59:

In Reply to: Re: Flight Suits Jacket: *Still* Not Sized Correctly.... posted by Baldwyn on December 20, 2000 at 16:20:18:

Or "extra-thick-thorax-Ford" as 3k$ has put it so delicately once before! ;)
Unless someone has the exact same body proportions as HF (arm, upper body, leg length aspect ratio -Jeez! Not to mention "girth"...), it should be next to impossible to have a jacket that fits AND looks identical to the one that HF was wearing. I for one, prefer a jacket that FITS me. That's the nice thing about the Wested. You tell them how long you want the jacket, the sleeves, and your chest circumference ( etc.)! Then again with average (I'd rather not say "normal" :p) body proportions it shouldn't be too hard to find a jacket size that fits - even if it's off the rack!
FG

: But what really continues to bother me is the length of the body: the bottom of the sleeves and the bottom of the body of the jacket are still at the same length. This just isn't right. Check out the link below of a pic of Ford in the jacket to see what I'm talking about. His sleeve bottoms are 2 inches below the bottom of the body of the jacket

: You know my Wested when it was sent to me had exactly the correct body to sleeve proportions. The problem was...my arms aren't as long as Ford's. The body length was pretty much right, possibly a bit too long, but the sleeves came down 2.5 inches too far. I wear a 38-40, about the same as Ford, but he's about 4 inches taller. So, I guess I'm just saying we can't all aim for exactness in the jacket, unless we have the same body build as Harrison (which you might, I don't know)
:
:

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: