My post mortem...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.92 on January 11, 2001 at 13:43:20:

In Reply to: Re: Flight Suits suggestions? Especially from Patterson or Michaelson! posted by Air Marshal on January 11, 2001 at 12:51:33:

: : : Goin' down to Flight Suits to get a fitting for the Expedition jacket this weekend and was hopin' some could give me some suggestions for getting as close to the Raiders jacket as possible. Especially after I heard about the back length and all the new finds from the movie. Sure would appreciate it. I thank-ya.

: : Dave Marshall told me yesterday that they were making the correction to the pattern now, as you will be in good hands when you get there, as they are right on top of this, and it's a current project, so this is the best time to go. Not much I can add. Enjoy the trip! Regards. Michaelson

:
: I've dealt with Dave Marshall on a couple of Flight Suits A-2 and M422As. I have NEVER met anyone more interested in making sure his customers are completely satisfied. His word is his bond. I can't wait to see the final product after Dave and our "Indy Fans" work the issue.

I've completed my "post mortem", if you will. I received an email late last night with the specifications I had requested from the original (less one, that I guess they did not understand - Oh, well). They promised some pics would be coming - very nice people to go out of their way like this. I promise to share with the rest of the class.

On the length of the originals torso relative to the sleeve length? Dave Marshall asked that I get one particular set of measurements - hem to armpit, and then armpit to cuff. Those measurements on the original were 15.5 inches and 17.5 inches, respectively. For Ford, then the sleeve cuff would hang approximately 2 inches below the waist - I say approximately because we need to account for the angle at which the sleeve hangs. This measurement was centered on the gusset. Other measurements I requested had to do with the size and relative positioning of the cargo pockets, and the cut and taper of the front and side panels. I have those and have marked-up my Expedition with tailors chalk. I understand Flight Suits plans on removing 2 inches from the waist of the baseline pattern. My particular cut will require the removal of 4 inches - I need additional tapering, as I am a genetic freak. Another change will be to move the bi-swing pleat 0.75 inches higher up the back.

I'm packing it up and shipping it out today - I'll keep everyone who cares posted. I am so tired - very little gray matter left in this head. I hope this will be the last iteration.

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: